[storm] some questions about Storm (from the perspective of Grok)

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Sat Mar 15 06:14:08 GMT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> So now we have a nice pro and con picture. We should record this stuff
> somewhere. Maybe a blog entry?

Nobody mentioned integration with DBAs. You should hear the rants I've heard
about Ruby on Rails for instance - if the core product does schema
generation it is is earmarked as 'for noddy applications only' and will be
vetoed in many larger shops, because the applications need to integrate with
existing databases and the last thing the DBAs want is some developer making
use of the schema generation features and then expecting the DBA to somehow
mesh it with the rest of the systems.

So if anyone wants to work on it, please keep it as a separate product and
keep Storm core clean.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/