[storm] Normalization in Storm

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Mar 13 19:56:36 GMT 2008

Hello Leonard,

(...)
> Apparently a Storm design decision has been made to not normalize the

No, that's not correct.  The Storm tutorial was made to introduce the
idea of how to use Storm with a number of simple *isolated* use cases.
We were not trying to teach normalization there.  Please don't design
your application this way.

If you want to read more about inheritance patterns in databases,
the following document would be a good start:

    http://www.agiledata.org/essays/mappingObjects.html

If you have specific questions about Storm, we'll be glad to help you
with them, but let's assume as a base line that it's not a good idea
to duplicate the same data in several tables.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net