[storm] storm cextensions fixes

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Thu Jun 19 11:11:16 BST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> wrote:

>> I checked out your latest need-for-speed-revenge branch, and had two
>> immediate problems:
>>  * the test suite segfaulted in Compile__call__()
>>  * the extension would not compile with Python 2.4
>>
>> Attached is a bundle that fixes both issues.
>
> Oops.. it wasn't segfaulting for me unfortunately.  I guess that proves
> the point about single-exit functions.
>
> I'm sorry about that, and thanks for the fixes.

Attached is a proper fix for Compile__call__().  The root cause of the
segfault was that the function was using default_compile_join before
initialize_globals() had set it to a Python object.  Hence the
Py_DECREF() that I removed in my previous patch hit a NULL.

I guess the first Compile__call__() I hit didn't actually use the join
argument, since the segfault went away when I removed the unnecessary
Py_INCREF/Py_DECREF calls.

James.