[storm] Storm DB Disconnection/Reconnection

Alex Richardson alexrichardson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 00:47:06 BST 2008

I have noticed that in my application, (using Storm with MySql), that
eventually my database connection seems to die. I did seem reading and
noticed that it looks like there has been some ongoing work/discussion
on how Storm could behave. For my usage, it would be nice to have teh
database automatically reconnect.

If I understand correctly, the reason Storm doesn't automatically
reconnect is due to concern that any transaction that was in place
before the connection failure would be aborted transparently? Are
there other issues?

Are there any good patterns for managing the disconnection issue fro a
central facility? I am trying to avoid wrapping every use of a Storm
object with a piece of reconnection code.....

Also, as I do not rely on transaction support, is there any easy way
to re-enable automatic reconnection?

Alex