[storm] Storm and DBUtils

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 29 21:56:24 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Sean Allen <sean at ardishealth.com> wrote:
> Before I start in on this, I wanted to see if anyone had done any work
>  on integrating DBUtils and Storm.
>
>  If not, away I go, but if someone has, please point me in the proper
>  direction.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to integrate the two; Storm provides
many of the features already. All you need to do is make sure that
Store objects are not shared between threads. Reconnection is done by
Storm itself. Pooling is unnecessary. Managing thread-specific Store
instances is something that's left up to you (or the framework), but
we provide storm.zope to help with this (as well as zope transaction
integration) for Zope users. It'd be great to add support for more
thread-managing frameworks over time.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery