[storm] Storm presentation at Python user group

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Feb 20 00:36:05 GMT 2008

Hello  Mike,

Good to see you around again.

> SQLA was meant as a dynamically growing, "release early / release
> often" kind of product, and while we are pretty solid for production
> right now, this process continues; things will keep changing.  Also
> the only hard "bug" I've ever heard mentioned is Gustavo's frustration
> over transactions, although I'm not aware what the actual "bug" was.

There's no point in bringing the "bug" back.  Sorry.

> One of our developers rewrote and cleaned up the transaction
> methodology many months ago and we now support two-phase, SAVEPOINT
> and all that other stuff very nicely.

I'm happy for you.  I honestly hope SQLAlchemy becomes the most successful
ORM ever invented.  Meanwhile, we'll have to maintain and improve Storm, in
its simplicity, so that we can build a few tens of thousands of working
code lines on top of it, as we've been doing in the last few years.

> So it *was* possible to be fixed ;)

Every single software bug in the whole world is fixable, given that
the cost for fixing it is paid.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net