[storm] Objects not notified when DB chnages

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Mon Aug 18 12:05:44 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Gabriel Rossetti
<gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that if I change a value in the DB, Storm continues to use
> it's cached value.
> Is there a good way to have it update it's cache?

Hi Gabriel,

Storm is designed to run using serialised transactions.  This means
that within the transaction the database effectively provides a
snapshot of the database state for Storm to work with.  When you
commit a transaction and start another, you will see changes made by
other database connections.  Storm will invalidate its caches on
transaction boundaries.

So the answer to your question is to commit your transactions.

James.