[storm] Firebird backend

Môshe Van der Sterre moshevds at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:06:32 BST 2007

Here is my firebird backend for review.

Along with coding style stuff and silly bugs, I'd like to know if:

the CAST problem is solved in an acceptable way, I have doubted
between the current @compile.when(MightCast) and multiple
@compile.when(datatype) functions.

The URI resolver has no magic to discover absolute/relative database paths.
For example: the database foobar.gdb in the root of the filesystem has
to be accesed with firebird://u:p@localhost//foobar.fdb, not
firebird://u:p@localhost/foobar.fdb
but firebird://u:p@localhost/foobar.fdb is good for whatever
foobar.fdb is the alias for (configured in firebird's aliases.conf).
Does someone know a good way to make this behave less weird?

test_execute_expression_datatypes and
test_execute_expression_multiple_values might be added as generic
tests, I suppose other backends can pass these easily.

backend.py should be: storm/databases/firebird.py
database_test.py should be: tests/databases/firebird.py
store_test.py should be: tests/store/firebird.py

now, fire away with complaints ;-)

--
Mvg
Môshe van der Sterre