Unity is made of fail

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:31:56 UTC 2011

The "it's okay" things I said about Natty and Unity? That was in a
VirtualBox VM. When it's got Compiz to run, it turns entirely to fail.
It's like the netbook interface except STUFF RANDOMLY DOESN'T WORK.
I'm trying to get into it, and resisting installing the GNOME 2 shell,
but jeez it's sucking.

Also, Natty leaves the netbook (Dell Mini 9 with 8GB SSD) with
shockingly little disk space. I'm culling things as I go ... anything
using Mono has been taken out and shot.

Also, Notes doesn't work for work, but having to use that proves I'm
dead and in Hell anyway.

Also, it's Friday.

- d.