Apple to copyright individual letters

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 24 01:50:17 UTC 2011

STEVE Jobs has announced his intention to trademark the alphabet.

At a state of the art press conference, the overpriced geegaw
obergruppenfuhrer pledged to start with the letter 'a' and hopes to have
all the vowels protected by 2015.

Once all the letters of the alphabet have been secured the company will
then move on to punctuation and eventually gain control of all numerals
between 0 and 9 and any others that you may be hiding somewhere.

Jobs said: "I© lo©o©k fo©rwa©rd to© the© da©y a©ll se©nte©nce©s lo©o©k
li©ke© thi©s.

"The day we copyright the copyright sign is going to be an interesting
one and may give us a glimpse into what infinity looks like. Wow."

Before moving onto vowels, Apple's first legal battle will be against
the unknown composer of the 8th century poem /Beowulf/ in a test case to
prove the company has intellectual property rights over the letter 'f',
most commonly used in the familiar Apple phrases 'F*** me, have you seen
the price of this f***er?' and 'F***ing useless f***ing iPhone fiddly
f***ing thing'.

Copyright expert Wayne Hayes said: "Because the composer of /Beowulf/ is
unknown and it is thus ascribed as a folk poem, the entire
English-speaking world is jointly and equally the subject of the lawsuit.

"If successful, the company will be able to file for damages against
about 440 million people and if anybody tells Apple to 'f*** off' they
will be liable for three times the damages."

Jobs confirmed that service of the court papers will be completed via
page 28 of the new iTunes user agreement update later today and has
advised people to start learning Welsh in preparation for a vowel-free
existence.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-%26-technology/apple-to-copyright-individual-letters-201103233655/

--
"Aaah....another pointless day when I've achieved nothing."
                   Bender, Futurama.