Ubuntu opts for LibreOffice over Oracle's OpenOffice

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:40:08 UTC 2011

ma, 2011-01-24 kello 09:29 -0600, Samuel Thurston kirjoitti:

> Perhaps my perception is wrong, but isn't the *point* of an LTS
> release that the available features don't change?

More precisely the point is to have an as stable release as possible.
The point is *not* prevent users from doing there individual choises
regarding software they install. Many want the peace of mind the stable
release brings, but at the same time need a recent version of some piece
of software that's essential to them (sticking with a two year old
version may not always be feasible).

Want new software, get the new release.

It's not that simple, as I just explained.

-Ari-