china buying software

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 14:48:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:07:50 +0000
Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
> <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> > On Thu, January 20, 2011 02:54, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> >> How is an illegal copy of Linux even possible?
> >>
> >> Cybe R. Wizard
> >> --
> >> Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
> >> Registered Ubuntu User # 2136
> >
> > It's ironic that a Registered GNU/Linux user doesn't know that it is
> > possible to have an illegal copy of Linux. ;-)
>
> Actually, I think that Cybe's is a good question and none of the
>
> If the /distributor/ has screwed up & not me the terms of the GPL,
> that does not, AIUI, make the /users/ responsible. IOW the copies of
> Linux are not "illegal", it is the creator/distributor that is falling
> foul.

BINGO!  Give that man the modern equivalent of a cigar.  He is a
correct-thinker.
Plus, if the distribution is of a standard distro, then it is not
illegal as one may point to the distro's copy of source.  All in all,
it seems unlikely that there are as many illegal copies of Linux as of
Winduhs.

Cybe R. Wizard