china buying software

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 19 16:31:37 UTC 2011

Watched C-span this morning. Some there are saying that China will now
enforce  copyright laws more.  This person seemed to think they will be
buying more software from the US and influence our balance of
payments..   IF they do enforce the software copy right laws which I
don't think they will do. Why would any chinese person buy Microsoft
products when they can simply use Linux.  Seems to me like this is a
great way to increase linux's share of world use. If they are using
Microsoft it's likely because it is free.  Companies that are dealing
directly with the US may want to use Microsoft so files sent to the US
will look more familiar here but they are likely way in the minority.

                                 Doug