Odd...

Samuel Thurston sam.thurston at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:15:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Gilles Gravier <ggravier at fsfe.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 10/01/2011 23:29, Avi Greenbury wrote:
>> Liam Proven wrote:

>>> Ahh, I see.
>>>
>>> I have to say, I don't agree. Keeping people current is a good thing,
>>> surely? I'd think it would reduce the support burden.
>> It depends on what the support burden is. With new features come new
>> bugs. New major versions also often feature different ways of doing
>> things.
>
> Many people don't like going from a (somewhat stable) X.Y version to a
> (potentially less) new releast X+1.0 and will wait for X+1.Z with Z>1 ... :)
>
> Gilles

Just to clarify, when I run vbox 3.6, it always prompts me with a box
if say version 3.6.1 or 3.7 is available.  It does not automatically
upgrade or even download the files.

However, even though 4.0 is available, it doesn't prompt me to let me
know that.  That's what the confusion is.

I suspect it has to do with the license changes between 3.6 and 4.0,
but it still seems silly not to let me know.