Odd...

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 10 16:42:47 UTC 2011

Hi, Liam!

Yes. That's the reason. 4.0 is a major update. In effect, more of an
upgrade. :)

Also, there is a new model now. Starting with 4.0, there is only one
download which is all Open Source. Then you need to download extension
packs to support USB 2.0 devices, VirtualBox RDP and PXE boot for Intel
cards (and that is not open source).

So no more questions on should I get the "default" version with closed
source stuff? Or the PUEL version which is all open source. Just get
VirtualBox. And then decide if you want to add extension packs (of which
only one is available at this time, but this will - we hope - change as
people contribute).

Cheers,
Gilles (I work for Oracle)