Dubai assassins used email trojan to track Hamas victim

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Jan 6 20:33:51 UTC 2011

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:34:55 +1100
> Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > This is one of the most annoying bits about reports like this one:
> > they never ever mention the OS being used. I consider that
> > reporting the OS in question should be mandatory.

> You are exactly right but the reporter likely has no idea about the
> OS or even that it matters.

It doesn't matter, IMHO. Even if the reporter knows which OS was used,
the average user doesn't care. And those who know what an OS is, will by
default assume it is Windows. Now, if it would have been another OS, it
might have been news worthy, but to mention that an email trojan was
successful on a Windows machine isn't news worthy.

Nils