Fwd: Re: French politicians want to tax tablets for not running Windows

Doug Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 15:57:55 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: French politicians want to tax tablets for not running
Windows
Date: 	Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:24:53 -0500
From: 	Doug Pollard <dougpol1 at verizon.net>
To: 	Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com>

On 01/05/2011 04:02 AM, Michael Haney wrote:
>  Thanks to Robert H. for explaining that communism and fascism were
>  economic systems and not governing systems.  I didn't realize that
>  until he posted it and then it suddenly made sense.
>
>  I think an economic system that benefits everyone equally, regardless
>  of social or political status, is better than what we have now.  There
>  are too many disparages, most of the world lives under the poverty
>  line, millions of people are going hungry each day, and most of the
>  power and wealth are in the hands only 2% of the total world's
>  population.
>
>  You're worth should be based on what you know and what you can do
>  rather than on the size of your financial portfolio.  Instead of being
>  driven to acquire more and more wealth, people should be focused on
>  bettering themselves.  Gene Roddenberry was onto something.  His
>  vision is what the world will become in 30 years, and that transition
>  has already begun.  Right Wing and Tea Party politics in the US will
>  slowly fall away to a new way do doing things.  A new way of doing
>  things that works towards the betterment of human kind rather than the
>  betterment of Wall Street.
>
>  The 3 books of "Conversations With God" explains much of what is on
>  the way for us as a species.

I am going to stop receiving posts from this group for a few days so I
won't be tempted to reply. I have pretty much stated my position and
anything more will be a rehash.  My parting shot is that if you believe
the same thing at thirty years old that you believed at nineteen you
have wasted eleven years.

                     Doug
Sorry Michael didn't mean to send this to you. I am still having a problem with send going to poster instead of the list.