French politicians want to tax tablets for not running Windows

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:54:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael, thanks for the references; you might be interested in the works
> of Bart Erhman, hope I get his name right; he was a pastor doing serious
> doctoral (as unlike the many so called theology colleges) work into the
> translation of the bible and spent 30 years doing just that. However, I must
> warn you his writings are quite dry and academic but it gives a valid
> discourse into the historical contradictions and translation errors which
> caused him much grief. And Finklestein, who was funded by the Israeli govt,
> set to look for historical proof for the exodus from egypt. (that was when
> sinai was under israeli rule)
>
> And yes, I've read 'pro' books too, by Stobel and others.
>
> Finally, lets end with a bit of levity, it has been too dismal the last few
> posts.  :)
> Yes, Michael, I was just talking about JC, not his father who is quite er,
> (politely) a rascal. But at least he was slightly better when his son was
> born. I guess fatherhood has positive impact on some guys.   :)

I'll be sure to check out those works.

I'm a fervent believer in the Law of One and the Law of Attraction.
I've actually consciously controlled the Law of Attraction a few
times, but I'm still learning.  I've also had a Shamanic spiritual
journey at the local Unitarian Universalist Church me and my friends
attend.  There is nothing wrong with the Bible as it, despite its
questionable origins, because for some it provides the spiritual
guidance that people need at that time, but too often they become
sidetracked by the Dogma of the Christian religion and loose the real
meaning of the message.  You must treat it as the guidebook that it
is, because treating as an authoritative source of absolute truth
won't lead you anywhere but deeper in the shackles of the religion
system of thought control.

Moving on, getting back on topic....for this thread at least...

The Soviet government followed Stalinist Marxism, a mutation of Karl
Marx's original vision twisted by Stalin when he killed Marx and took
over control of Russia.  Marx's system is not inherently evil.  It is
how it is used by those in power, and how it was seen by others that
made it so.  We'll never know if Marx's ideas would have made Russia a
better nation if Stalin had become power hungry.   The same can be
said for China which also follows Stalinist Marxism.  The fact that
Soviet government fell should be a warning to the Chinese.  That
system, the why they run it, cannot be maintained for long.  Something
will eventually give, and it'll all come crashing down.  And it will
... soon.  I'm going to keep lots of popcorn, this is going to be fun
to watch.

And, speaking of Ubuntu ...

I haven't heard any news about at all about 11.04 and what it might
contain.  I know its still pretty early, but will it use Unity or will
it still be Gnome as the D.E?  That would mostly likely depend on
whether or not the developers have worked out many of Unity's issues
and also geared it more towards working on a desktop rather than a
netbook only role.

I'm also curious as to what progress Canonical has made in the
development of Wayland.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts