French politicians want to tax tablets for not running Windows

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Jan 4 13:02:37 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 03:43 PM, Samuel Thurston wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Goh Lip<g.lip at gmx.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I would not disparage their anger or lack of understanding, for they have
>> contributed much and received far less.
>
> Anger, I don't disparage.  The lack of understanding I still have trouble with.

When you have a job (sometimes 2) to hold, trying to put food on the
table, kids to send to baseball, groceries/chores to run and watch a
game or 2 to relax, maybe a cursory look at the newspapers - which are
parochial, local and skewed, I think we should at least be graceful.

To take a simple example, how many here knows that on the Rachel Corrie
humanitarian ship, forensic evidence shows a young American named Fulk
Dogan, 19 was shot dead lying face down on deck, and not resisting or
attacking the soldiers? Or Rachel Corrie herself, a young American girl
bulldozed while kneeling down in bright orange vest and they claim they
did not see her? Would american newspapers dare highlight these
atrocities done to their citizens where higher vested interests are
involved? I don't think so. So I am sympathetic to Joe.

People are the same all over, exemplified by Corrie, where decency,
morals and ethics are concerned. If they knew better, if they truly had
freedom, if they not manipulated by politicians, if they are not
shackled by ideologies or made to 'drink kool-aid' by religion.

May the Joes of the world turn into Corries.