Loving Ubuntu Linux

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:12:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM, donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/02/2011 16:23, Michael Haney wrote:
>>
>> In this case, the ridiculous antics and actions of the FOSS Movement
>> is having a harmful effect
>
> Just imagine if they had never spoken up. Where would Ubuntu be now, if
> at all?
>
>> Nothing good has ever come from Religion, just read your history
>> books if you want proof.
>
> I would agree with you here (aside from some art, maybe) but I don't think
> the FOSS purists are wrong to want to keep freedom, well, free. If they
> stop, pack it in and say "meh" then within a few years there will be no
> freedom in source code.
>
> I think it's proprietary code that's like a religion: all about power and
> rights and mysterious powers and how you should just STFU and trust them to
> know best.

I have to agree there also.  They both two faces of the same coin
really.  FOSS and Proprietary could learn to work together someday and
I'd love to see the incredible things they could product from such
cooperation.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts