Loving Ubuntu Linux

donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:33:26 UTC 2011

On 26/02/2011 16:23, Michael Haney wrote:
> In this case, the ridiculous antics and actions of the FOSS Movement
> is having a harmful effect
Just imagine if they had never spoken up. Where would Ubuntu be now, if
at all?

> Nothing good has ever come from Religion, just read your history
> books if you want proof.
I would agree with you here (aside from some art, maybe) but I don't
think the FOSS purists are wrong to want to keep freedom, well, free. If
they stop, pack it in and say "meh" then within a few years there will
be no freedom in source code.

I think it's proprietary code that's like a religion: all about power
and rights and mysterious powers and how you should just STFU and trust
them to know best.

\d