CC Preferred meeting times (was: This list)

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Wed Apr 20 04:46:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Michael Haney wrote:
> You're side-stepping the issue.  Allen Pope said

Alan Pope said:

  "if the item is indeed bumped to 21:00 UTC"

Did yourself or anyone else bump it "to [a] 21:00 UTC" slot?

> Nobody was there to speak in support of Sounder because NOBODY KNEW
> the issue was going to be brought up that day.

The item was added to the Community Council Agenda on 2011-04-07 20:56:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda?action=diff&rev2=1452&rev1=1451

and announced to everyone on Sounder on 2011-04-08 09:17:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2011-April/016351.html

the first sixteen words of the annoncement email are:

  "I have added an [sic] proposal to the Ubuntu Community Council
   agenda to shut the sounder list down."

and stating a time and place in the same email:

  "The next CC meeting is due to be on the 17th April 2011 at 11:00
   UTC and will be held in #ubuntu-meeting on freenode IRC."

Of course there was a typo in there, so 2011-04-08 23:37:

  "You know what, that's wrong. It should say 19th April."
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2011-April/016388.html

Which is still over 10 days notice.

> If the CC goes forward

Anyone is free to raise the topic with the Ubuntu Community Council:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda  (click [Edit])

> The world is going to know about this very soon.

Thanks to the public archives linked above, most people already do.

> the attention of people in higher positions who can remove you.

I am not a member of the Community Council:

  "2009 Community Council vote complete"
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-October/000627.html

Membership is on a two-year basis.  Vote early, vote often!

	-Paul