[ADMIN] [ANNOUNCE] This list - CC date correction

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 20 02:29:06 UTC 2011

On 04/19/2011 10:14 PM, Samuel Thurston wrote:
> In case it was unclear what I meant by underhanded and deceitful, I
> repost this message for your perusal.
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Alan Pope<alan at popey.com>  wrote:
>> On 11 April 2011 22:26, Samuel Thurston<sam.thurston at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Alan, Checking back on the wiki page no time is yet listed for this
>>> item on the community council agenda.  If I read this page correctly,
>>> if the item is indeed bumped to 21:00 UTC, then it will be discussed
>>> at the meeting May 3 instead of April 19.. is this correct?
>>>
>>> Please clarify.
>>>
>> That's right. Yes.
>>
>> There's been a lot of feedback since the original proposal, and I'm
>> happy to collate that and present it objectively at either meeting.
>> It's often difficult to get the entire CC to meetings, so sometimes
>> there's not enough to make a decision there and then. But it's worth
>> discussing. It's not a foregone conclusion as some have suggested, and
>> the fact that I raised it and I'm on the CC doesn't really make any
>> difference, if anyone had added it to the agenda it would have been
>> considered the same way.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Al.
> Cheers indeed.  Be careful Alan, your other face is showing.
>
> And lest you feel like I am personalizing this, I would be just as
> pissed at anyone else who had added it to the agenda and then lied to
> me about it as I am at you.

I find it amazing that anyone would expect a mailing list to be
successful unmoderated.  To fail to manage a list and then shut it down
because of a failure to manage, demonstrates a toal lack of thought on
somebodies part.   You people have failed in your job.  There are people
right here on this list that can moderate and manage this list in a
proper and fair manner. This list can then be a supplier of input of
value.                           Doug