Dead List Walking

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:45:19 UTC 2011

Heh, my first, and last post to this list.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil/TeamReports/11/April

Meeting 2011-04-19

    CC decided to close the Sounders mailing list. In essence, this is a
decision to prune areas of the project which are offtopic or ungoverned,
on the basis that they distract from our shared community focus on the
goal of delivering free software in the best possible state, on
particular terms (free of charge, cadence). While we appreciate that the
Sounders list (and possibly other, similar forums) provide a particular
social release for those who use them, we think there are better forums
for each of the varied topics discussed there. Some of those are inside
the project, most are elsewhere.

Transcript of IRC meeting log here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/04/19/%23ubuntu-meeting.html

--