sounder Digest, Vol 81, Issue 56

Samuel Thurston sam.thurston at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:47:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2011 09:04 PM, Dr W Hunter Blair wrote:
>
>> Jeeze, you guys whinge a lot. This "contentless" statement is logical
>> and makes perfect sense to me,,
>>

> Yeah, we do.

It's the last thing this list is good for.

> Why can't you *trim* your posts?

hehe. At least when replying to the digest getting it down to the
relevant message seems prudent.

> Why can't Ubuntu stop mucking
> about between LTS releases and keep certain consumer software up to date
> instead? Why...? Why...? Why...?

To be fair, ubuntu has really grown based on "innovation" which is one
of those things thats hard to quantify.   But if you go back a few
releases and see the differences, it's clear that this aspect has some
value.

But I have always considered "LTS" to be kind of a joke anyway.  I
mean, if you have no support contract, what obligation does
Ubuntu/Canonical have to support you, long term or otherwise?
Contractually, the answer is zero, regardless of which release cycle
you use.