11.04 schism

Samuel Thurston sam.thurston at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:37:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Myriam Schweingruber (private)
<myriam at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:05, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

>>> What about us agNOSTICS?
>>
>> What about Ignostics?
>>
>> Seriously guys (and girls, although I haven't seen a lot of them on this
>> list, and that's a shame)
>
> I think I must be the only woman on this list, and I was one of the
> early subscribers back when the list started in Hoary times. Since
> then the list has changed a lot and is far too often off-topic and
> political that I got aware today that I actually do nothing else than
> skip it.
> I am Swiss and European in the heart, quadrilingual and open to a lot
> of cultures, but I am wary of reading only USA-centric political
> and/or religious rambling on this list.
> By folks and enjoy yourself as long as you still can. I unsubscribe
> after this, as I think the spirit of what sounder was meant to carry
> has long gone since.
>
> Regards, Myriam.

After having done a rather exhaustive analysis of the list's traffic,
it's really _not_ dominated by political and religious discussions,
and if anything in my perception it's more UK-centric than USA.  But
your opinions are yours, and I'm really saddened that you feel the
list doesn't appeal to you anymore.

Before you go, may I ask you what spirit you thought it was meant to
carry that the list now lacks?

Regards,
Sam