11.04 schism

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Apr 11 08:05:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, April 11, 2011 04:43, chris wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 20:51 -0500, Samuel Thurston wrote:
>> with the recent spate of religious discussion here on sounder, I am
>> left to wonder about the future of Ubuntu.  I for one will probably
>> not use a distro based around unity because it doesn't meet my
>> workflow needs.  (at least not unless it matures quickly)
>>
>> I'm not sold on gnome shell yet which seems to be the preferred
>> alternative.
>>
>> But this makes me wonder, will the community split into two factions?
>>
>> perhaps Unity-arians and GNOstics?
>>
>> :P
>>

> What about us agNOSTICS?

What about Ignostics?

Seriously guys (and girls, although I haven't seen a lot of them on this
list, and that's a shame), millions of people use Ubuntu (Wikipedia
states: "With an estimated global usage of more than 12 million users",
that's as much as a medium-sized European country) and only a handful of
them complain online. Some perspective would be nice.