Sounder is a valuable Ubuntu community asset.

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 05:14:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Samuel Thurston <sam.thurston at gmail.com>wrote:

> Alan Pope feels that "the Ubuntu community doesn't need this list anymore."
> [...]
> What do you value about the sounder list?

   - As infuriating as some of the posts can be, I must say this:  This list
   is rarely dull.  It provides a variety and spice that is in direct contrast
   to the regular Q&A listserve -- and that's a good thing!
   - I do hope that Alan Pope doesn't take this opposition personally -- I
   just happen to think that the proposed punishment is WAAAY disproportionate
   to any infractions that may or may not have occurred.  It would also be
   counterproductive; there would be much more temptation to bring more
   off-topic comments to the Q&A listserve.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.libreoffice.org/ (Nathan Bahn)