[ADMIN] [ANNOUNCE] This list

Edward Craig epcraig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 22:40:55 UTC 2011

I lurk here, rarely post. I find it occasionally useful, ofen amusing, and
rarely offensive. I doubt we'll gain anything by eliminating this troll trap
except some comfort for the complacent and perhaps a warning of oncoming
problems.

On Apr 8, 2011 2:49 PM, "Samuel Thurston" <sam.thurston at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 April 2011 21:58, Sam...
I'm conflicted.  On the one hand Alan is clearly a valuable member of
the community by his contributions to the podcast etc.  On the other
hand he proposes this ham-handed "fix" to the problem that he doesn't
think sounder is "fun" anymore, and does frequently come across as
snide.  Sadly because he is more invested in the community than some
of us other jokers, his proposal will probably carry some weight.
It's really kind of scary that I now have to set aside time to save
something I like because one guy doesn't think it's "fun."