[ADMIN] [ANNOUNCE] This list

Erik Pomerantz epomerantz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:53:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

I haven't been saying a whole lot since I originally subscribed so I figured
I would throw a little weight around.

On Apr 8, 2011 11:14 AM, "Mike Basinger" <mike.basinger at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 17:07 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
>
> > +1 for this decision, however I suggest creating 2 other lists:
> > ubuntu-politics and ubuntu-religion.
> >

> There is a place for that, it is call "The rest of the Internet" :).

I guess a more specific pointer would cnn, bbc , gaurdian, whatever those
news media their general problem (or asset depending on the way you look at
it) is that they generally remain local, I have been intrigued by the
controversy and the amount of perspective. In this sense though I have seen
only some relation to ubuntu/FOSS/linux which as some mention tends to
spiral out from the subject matter so the subject and message have almost,if
not completely, no relation so a completely different topic.

OTOH, I have found some things on here have inspired me to look further into
detail than was being discussed. I do believe that sounder continues to
serve its purpose even if the topics do "overgrow" their original meaning. A
lot of other ubuntu-* lists are specific to a repair or tweaking a setting
to fix an issue. Sounder has been one of the rare lists that make me want to
look further and I enjoy that aspect of it.

-Erik