Problems Linux Enthusiasts Refuse to Address

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 6 03:30:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 23:31:36 +0100
Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> What we need to do is, get some backers, buy out Xandros and relaunch
> Lindows, with its classic tidied-up pared-down XP-like KDE desktop and
> bundled WINE! :¬D

Can we please do away with running as root by default?  I dislike Puppy
for the same reason (although I run it in my woodshop just for the odd
computing task and completely non-connected to anything), but it does
at least run on low-spec hardware (which I have there).

BTW, wasn't that once a selling point for Ubuntu, that third-world
countries with second hand and/or low-spec hardware could use it and
love it?  Wha' happen'?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
	Linus Torvalds