Ubuntu 11.10 makes Unity compulsory

donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:04:31 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 13:44, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Atheism, though, goes one step further and claims there is no God.
My take is that atheism is practical agnosticism. This is a recent
redefinition of the term (New Athiesm/Gnu Atheism)
  It's too easy to fall into the "maybe is, maybe isn't" habit -- where
you give equal standing to opposing views -- when in reality one view
(god) has a minute chance of being real and the other (no god) has a
very high chance of reality.

> Atheism appears to perform the same functions as a Religion
Only in the same way that not breathing performs the same function as
breathing.

> requires belief in a particular status of a deity or deities, and
> succinctly answers the question of why we are here.
Go read Dawkins (God Delusion). He creates a scale of confidence in the
proposition of God. He puts himself at a shade beneath 'strong atheist'
-- at de-facto athiest "I cannot know for certain, but I think God is
very improbable."

So, no faith required. Only a humble acceptance that we are not certain
of anything; the very opposite of faith.

\d