Ubuntu 11.10 makes Unity compulsory

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 5 07:07:49 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 12:20, Michael Haney wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Goh Lip<g.lip at gmx.com>  wrote:
>> On 04/05/2011 06:48 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>>            .........snip.........
>>> If by "your media" you mean*all*  the various radio/tv outlets,
>>> newspapers,magazines, etc you are painting with too broad of a
>>> brush, the consolidation of outlets notwithstanding.There are
>>> still a number of independent news sources.
>> Yeah, like you can still get copies of Playboy in Pyongyang.
>>
> CNN here in the US has really started attacking Fox News for their
> "unfair&  unbalanced tabloid news".  Fox News is owned by News Corp.
> You Brits on the list should know the name Rupert Murdock.  Yeah,
> "that" Rupert Murdock.

Just to put the record straight.

Murdoch was originally an Australian, from Adelaide.

When he moved to America he applied for American citizenship so as to be
able to buy up some media outlets and so now he is an American citizen.

>    The man who could go to prison if the evidence
> the court ordered the police to turn over implicates him in the whole
> newspaper cell phone hacking scheme.  The one where cell phones of
> members of parliament were hacked.  Yeah, serious shit, the kind that
> could destroy his media empire.  If you don't know what I'm talking
> about look at this...
>
> http://gawker.com/#!5310889/rupert-murdochs-uk-papers-in-huge-phone-hacking-scandal
>
> That's an old article, but its not over yet.  Scottland Yard has been
> withholding the evidence the court wants because they've been getting
> pay-offs, but now the court has put its foot down and serious
> repercussions will result if they don't comply by the deadline.  Which
> if I remember isn't far off.  I'm going to need to get me some
> popcorn, this is going to be a fun show.

This is not quite the same, but along the lines, of George "Dubbya" Bush
not going to Europe because he will be arrested on charges of war crimes.

BC

--
Any experiment in life will be at your own experience.