Ubuntu 11.10 makes Unity compulsory

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:32:23 UTC 2011

On 4 April 2011 15:41, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:07:47 +0100
> Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4 April 2011 00:03, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net>
>> wrote:

>> > No matter how we might wish that it weren't so, they are and have
>> > always been the very same thing as long as there has been an Israel.
>> >
>> > Sorry if that doesn't fit your world-view.
>> I don't see that at all. Can you justify what seems to me to be a
>> remarkable assertion?
> Please see my further posts or do your own research.  It has long been
> an accepted fact that Israel was formed to provide a homeland for
> Jewish people.  It is /the very reason/ that Israel was created.

This is as may be. It does not support your argument.

Israel the place in the middle-east is a country. Judaism is a
religion and a culture. They are not one and the same thing.

There is even a philosophical notion of "the nation of Israel" as a
sort of superset of all Jewish people, but this is not the same thing
as the middle-eastern state.

It is a Jewish state, yes. It does not represent all Jewishness,
though. Not all Jews live there, nor ever will. Many don't want to,
including friends of mine, although some do regard it as a sort of
spiritual homeland.

It's a political entity, one which takes its identity from the
religion, but to conflict a religion and a state is a foolish and a
childish error.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com