OpenOffice.org has been forked

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 29 07:07:17 BST 2010

On 29/09/2010 13:35, Christopher Chan wrote:

>> It looks like Ellison&  Co. will become the new Bill Gates&  Steve
>> Ballmer if they're not careful.....
>>
>> So should I amend my "signature" to have a link to LibreOffice?  Is my
>> current link obsolete!?
>>
> Or we can show support for Lotus and link to Lotus Smartsuite. :-D
>
> Let us pit IBM against Oracle!

I go for MS. They have the most to lose.

Forget Oracle - they are one of the rumoured bidders for Novell.

Forget IBM. While they may be the 4th largest tech company, I think most
of the Board are still wearing spats and skimmers.

BC

--
Sound that shatters silence is called noise. Sound that enhances silence is called music.
                                           Chinese proverb