OpenOffice.org has been forked

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 29 06:42:23 BST 2010

On 29/09/2010 05:13, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/28/2010 10:55 AM, Nathan Bahn wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:24 PM, NoOp<glgxg at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>>

>>> And Canonical/Ubuntu/Shuttleworth is on board:
>>>
>>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_release.html
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Mark Shuttleworth, founder and major shareholder of Canonical, the
>>> makers of Ubuntu, has declared: "Office productivity software is a
>>> critical component of the free software desktop, and the Ubuntu Project
>>> will be pleased to ship LibreOffice from The Document Foundation in
>>> future releases of Ubuntu. The Document Foundation's stewardship of
>>> LibreOffice provides Ubuntu developers an effective forum for
>>> collaboration around the code that makes Ubuntu an effective solution
>>> for the desktop in office environments".
>>> </quote>

>> NoOp--
>> Is this any indication of distrust Larry Ellison&  Co.?
>> --N.B.
>>

> :-)
>
> BTW: DEBS are here:
>
> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/
>
> Download the tar.gz, right click&  extract. Go to the DEBS folder and:
> $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
> then go to the desktop-integration folder&  do the same (sudo dpkg -i
> *.deb). Then update your menus:
> $ sudo update-menus
> and then Applications|Office|LibreOffice 3.3

Looks very much like OpenOffice and StarOffice......

:-)

But....I installed it in Maverick and I get the error "No such command
found" (or some such) when I go to run "sudo update-menus" :-( .

However, the menus are updated anyway, with LO showing under
Applications/Office.

BC

--
Sound that shatters silence is called noise. Sound that enhances silence is called music.
                                           Chinese proverb