Time to bite the Lucid bullet!

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sat Sep 18 17:18:04 BST 2010

At 5:47am -0400 Sat, 18 Sep 2010, David Gerard wrote:
> Example two: installing applications because you want to use them,
> not because they belong to a particular DE.

Though I don't disagree that there are plenty of reasons to want
multiple desktops, I'm not sure that example two is one of them.

Granted, installing an application that relies on, for example, KDE's
libs brings with it most of the KDE desktop dependencies, but the point
is that I can run all my KDE apps without actually running the KDE
environment.

Kevin