Action in Ubuntu Users

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 13 06:25:01 BST 2010

On 09/11/2010 07:59 AM, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> I dropped out of Ubuntu users,( but will be back as I need the list) not
> because I couldn't stand all the who ha, but because between it and
> other lists I was getting tons of mail. I go off sailing every weekend
> and when I come home I was having 500 emails in the inbox and most of it
> was off topic.   I am guilty of getting caught up in these arguments but
> whish it would stop to some extent to displine me some, as well as
> everyone else.   I find that all that depresses me just a little, I
> guess because it is unpleasant.  That kind of disagreement goes on here
> in sounder but seems ok as that is what I expect here so I see the
> arguments here as relevant.

Given that you use Thunderbird, use nntp/gmane.org to read/respond to
the list. Why waste time & bandwidth continuing to download emails when
you can use a newsreader for the list?
  When you see a thread going wild just hit 'k' and it will kill the
thread (at least it does on SeaMonkey which uses the same code).

As for sailing... off to the Rolex Big Boat Series this week & the
following week to the Melges 32 World Championship (on-water RC). Fair
winds & good sailing to you.