Its Quiet ...

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:30:03 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Too quiet.
>
> Haven't seen a Sounder post in a long while.  You all playing Hide &
> Seek and forgot to tell me.  LOL
>
> Well, another Ubuntu release is right around the corner.  I'm not
> entirely certain what's going to be in this next version.  What I've
> heard is sketchy.  The one thing I have heard is that Shuttleworth
> wants to "beautify" Ubuntu.  It started with 10.04 when the window
> buttons were moved to a more Mac-like position, and some nice new
> themes were released.  Version 10.04 also saw the end of the HAL and
> arrival of something called DeviceKit which seems to be working pretty
> well so far.  At least for me.  The removal of the HAL has
> dramatically sped up boot times rather significantly, especially on my
> AMD Athlon XP 1.2GHz dinosaur.
>
> What are you expecting or hoping to see in the next major release version
> 10.10?
>
> Anyone here a part of the Beta?
>
> --
> Michael "TheZorch" Haney
> "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking
> of morality by religion." ~ Arthur C. Clarke
> "The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and
> politics, but it is not the path to knowledge, and there is no place
> for it in the endeavor of science. " ~ Carl Sagan
>
> Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
> To Contact Me:
> http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts
>
> Free Your PC from the Bondage of Windows http://www.ubuntu.com

Michael Haney--

IT'S TOO QUIET?!  *IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU???!!!*

Joking aside, it would appear that there isn't much on people's minds.....
(and also  *a* LOT of people place "OT" topics in the technical listserve)..

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)