Its Quiet ...

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:05:49 BST 2010

Too quiet.

Haven't seen a Sounder post in a long while.  You all playing Hide &
Seek and forgot to tell me.  LOL

Well, another Ubuntu release is right around the corner.  I'm not
entirely certain what's going to be in this next version.  What I've
heard is sketchy.  The one thing I have heard is that Shuttleworth
wants to "beautify" Ubuntu.  It started with 10.04 when the window
buttons were moved to a more Mac-like position, and some nice new
themes were released.  Version 10.04 also saw the end of the HAL and
arrival of something called DeviceKit which seems to be working pretty
well so far.  At least for me.  The removal of the HAL has
dramatically sped up boot times rather significantly, especially on my
AMD Athlon XP 1.2GHz dinosaur.

What are you expecting or hoping to see in the next major release version 10.10?

Anyone here a part of the Beta?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts