It's statements like this that worry me for the future of Ubuntu

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 13:23:41 GMT 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:13:51 -0500
Anthony Papillion <papillion at gmail.com> wrote:

> This 'oh, the PC is dead' has been something that's
> come and gone many times over the last 20 or so years and it's never
> proven to be true. Abandoning the desktop or serious focusing on
> another platform would be a huge mistake and one I think Connonical
> would regret.

Fully agree.  I, for one, am not a techie by day and would not give a
shiny new connected gadget a second look.  My cell phone makes calls and
that is all. I just don't have time for all that extra stuff while I go
about my day-to-day.

Besides, my eyes are getting older and older.  I /NEED/ the desktop in
order to see anything.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326