Woe to you if you distribute anything other than a Microsoft operating system

Erik Pomerantz epomerantz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:57:23 BST 2010

While I agree that software patent is an huge oppressor of resellers and
consumers I do not think this fee is directly targeted toward android
devices (no doubt their motivation for imposing the fee.) In the beginning
it says "...in the article vendors of Android handsets for using its patents
in e-mail, multimedia and other functions..." if I'm not mistaken this is a
reference to using M$ software on android device? Why not just ditch the
software and just use an equivalent cheaper functioning software and avoid
paying microsoft altogether?

Thanks,
Erik