Plan to Curb OSS in the EU Uncovered

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 10 07:09:53 BST 2010

On 10/10/2010 07:39, Michael Haney wrote:
> Wikileaks releases documents showing plans by Microsoft and other
> organizations to curb open source and free software in the European
> Union.
>
> http://blog.javier-carrete.com/2010/10/wikileaks-publishes-documents-on-plan.html

Have you heard of the ACTA - Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement - which
for years was being negotiated in secret and which, naturally, has been
intitiated by America back in 2006 between it and Japan and now being
pushed on to the rest of the world, including my own stupid country? The
final draft of this Agreement, negotiated in secret, is now available here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterfeiting_Trade_Agreement

But then have you also seen this?:

Seeing the big picture on content

The cracking of another content protection technology, comes as no
surprise to Bill Thompson

The only real surprise about the news that HDCP has been compromised was
that it took so long.

The 'high bandwidth copy protection' scheme has been in use since 2004
even though the possibility that someone would be able to reconstruct
the master key by examining HDCP-capable devices was known even before
any systems were commercially available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11380490

BC

--
Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.