Windowless world.

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 10 06:34:24 BST 2010

On 10/10/2010 00:41, Michael Haney wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>
>> On 09/10/2010 19:07, Michael Haney wrote:
>>
>> [slice]
>>

>>> [dice]
>>>
>> Somehow this, "Does not compute".
>>
>> Why would he spend $3,000 on something to be used with Windows when
>> "he's been and still is a heavy Mac user.....he  simply couldn't stand
>> Windows anymore"; and so why spend $3000 on a Windows system? The mind
>> simply boggles at such a procurement...... Ah, he has money to spend,
>> right? :-) .
>>

> Its "strictly" a gaming system.  He bought it specifically for Final
> Fantasy XIV, the new MMO that has pretty high system requirements.  He
> switches over to his Macbook Pro with a kvm to browse the web and
> download files.  The gaming rig does have AV software.  Everything
> else he does he does using his Macbook Pro.
>
> He did consider Ubuntu for the gaming system but went with Windows 7
> instead because Wine didn't work with most of his games.

Ah, OK, understood.

OK, Wine I know is the poor cousin of CrossOver (well, you know what I
mean) but CrossOver wouldn't work either? Or what about VirtualBox or
even the not-free VMWare?

I'm not arguing but just asking as I don't have the experience with
these except that I have used VirtualBox and so this would be an
education for me.

BC

--
Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.