Windowless world.

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 09:07:56 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Johnneylee Rollins
<johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, it came to my attention today as I spent over six hours fighting
> with windows that it's simply not worth it. Not for games, not for any
> windows only applications. To install a vulnerable operating system on
> any of my hardware, just to have to get software that protects the
> operating system from attacks seems altogether ridiculous. My
> conclusion so far is that unless you can afford to pay me $45/hour to
> administrate systems for you, don't even ask or mention anything about
> windows. It has no place in what I do, other than gaming
> entertainment. For the other small dohickeys, I will use the windows
> installation on my xen server. I keep it around purely to see how
> quickly it can get infected. I've got about 17 seconds so far. But
> that's another story. From now on, I'm strictly Unix and its variants
> for operating systems and sparingly using windows in a virtual
> machine.
>
> It was so ridiculous though, I cleared a partition from my system to
> allow room for windows. I started the install, then the sticker on my
> laptop was too rubbed off to read. I then tried to boot into Ubuntu to
> find that goddamn windows decided to remove the ubuntu partition
> sitting inside a logical partition and nothing else. I was so
> infuriated, I broke all my windows disks, removed everything windows
> from my environment and promptly reinstalled ubuntu. At this stage,
> I'm left at reinstalling everything and reconfiguring things. As well
> as recovering hours of work lost. Needless to say, I hate windows more
> than I hate anything in this world.
>
> Quite the amount of qq'ing from me, huh?

You're exactly like a friend of mine who recently bought himself a new
$3,000 Triple-SLI gaming PC.  He's been and still is a heavy Mac user
for several years because he simply couldn't stand Windows anymore.
He's got a seriously short fuse when it comes to Windows.  I mean
SHORT.  The neighbors several floors down probably heard his screams
the night we set up his new system.  Its working perfectly now, but
damn did he get pissed.  I was waiting to see his head spin around
Linda Blair style.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts