Ubuntu 10.10 beta preview - ADDENDUM

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 4 13:33:59 BST 2010

On 04/10/2010 23:16, David Gerard wrote:
> dist-
> On 4 October 2010 09:59, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>

>> I installed RC1 without a hitch.
>>

> Was that from fresh, or an upgrade? I dist-upgraded this netbook (Dell
> Mini 9) without the slightest hiccup, it was surprisingly (and
> pleasingly) smooth.

In this case - and which is something I tend to do all the time - is to
install from fresh. I save my most important sub-dir - ~/.mozilla and
~/.thunderbird, Documents, Downloads, and dwhelper, and then install
from scratch.

Everything apart from the previous are reproducible or downloadable and
installable - so it's a new, fresh, install.

But I can accept what you just stated about upgrading rather than
installing from fresh because what I found with 10.10 is that the
installation is simply a BREEZE. Ubuntu gets better everytime a new
version comes out...

Nevertheless, I think that 10.10 ought to be a fresh install. Quite a
few things have changed from 10.04.1 - but that is according to me. YMMV
- as it appears to be.

BC

--
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
           Christina Aquilera