No more releases!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 16:48:34 GMT 2010

On 24 November 2010 15:44, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> The six-monthly updates aren't a problem for me except for the
> problems with the actual updating process (insert previous ad nauseam
> rants). I'm wondering if the rolling updates proposal is a method to
> work around Ubuntu's problems with dist-upgrades.

Turns out there are no plans for rolling releases at all:

http://theravingrick.blogspot.com/2010/11/ubuntu-is-not-moving-to-rolling-release.html

"Ubuntu is not changing to a rolling release. We are confident that
our customers, partners, and the FLOSS ecosystem are well served by
our current release cadence. What the article was probably referring
to was the possibility of making it easier for developers to use
cutting edge versions of certain software packages on Ubuntu.This is a
wide-ranging project that we will continue to pursue through our
normal planning processes."

- d.