The Linux desktop is about to get a LOT faster

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 20 06:32:46 GMT 2010

On 19/11/2010 16:35, Christopher Chan wrote:

[pruned]

> Did you read the article? Linus was like "killer feature" and so on.

I admit that I did not closely read the article.

> HOWEVER
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html
>
> Redhat chap quickly showed a 'work around'. methinks i should be running
> Fedora/Centos.

But you seem to have picked up on at least one of the follow-ups which
include:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/16/392

showing that you cannot reach Seventh Heaven by simply doing a patch :-) .

But then what do I know, eh?

BC

--

Chi-sun Hsing-fu acted only after thinking thrice. "Twice is quite enough".
                   Confucius