Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Amedee Van Gasse (u2s) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu May 27 08:03:20 BST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 07:46, ABSDoug wrote:
> It's been an over 1-year "love affair". I've told all my friends about it
> (none tried it). But now I've reached a point... what am I doing? I've
> spend endless hours trying to get torrents to work on Ubuntu Netbook
> 10.04. Torrents work fine with XP, stock settings on uTorrent, so let's
> not start in with the rounter, or that I need to turn down the # of
> connections, that's all been done. Version 9,10 worked. At this point, why
> would I fool with this anymore? None of the dozen computers I maintain for
> friends run Linux. In fact I don't know anyone personally who does. The
> only person (non professional) that is better at computers than me in
> using Windows 7. The concept seems REALLY cool, but Linux JUST DOESN'T
> WORK. Skype has always been a disaster. People complain MS is glitchy... a
> reboot usually fixes that. People complain of viruses... stop runing with
> Admn rights & MOST of your problems are solved. So what AM I trying to
> accomplish with Linux? It's
>  faster, yes especially since I've got a netbook... but I use torrents a
> LOT. This should JUST WORK & if it doesn't... I'm gone.

OK. Fair arguments. Linux is just not for you. At least you tried it. At
least you know that something else exists. You had free choice, and that
is more than most Windows or Mac users can ever say.
Perhaps you will use Free Software on Windows. A lot of Linux software is
also available for Windows and Mac, like OpenOffice.

Goodbye.

By the way, your message was not a technical question. Perhaps it was
better to post it on sounder at lists.ubuntu.com.

--
Amedee