OT but Fun

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 23 01:47:12 BST 2010

On 05/21/2010 11:42 AM, Michael Haney wrote:
> Google has turned their logo on their main homepage into a working
> HTML5 game of Pacman in celebration of the game's 30th anniversary,
> complete with authentic sound effects.
>
> To play just click the Insert Coin button under the Search Box.
>
> You gotta love Google!

Not. I had to turn off javascript so that Google's little moment of
instanity didn't keep pegging my cpu at 40-50%.

Many others had a crapload of issues as well:
<http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Web+Search/thread?tid=67d3f7751ffeb2c4&hl=en>

Eventually I opened up Adblock Plus (on both SeaMonkey and Firefox) and
just blocked everything related.